Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Oh, yes. I go there for lunch.



Today a shipmate traced a package he is having delivered and it seemed that the post office couldn't find the address so they were in the process of sending it back.

He called the post office nearest his home and I got to listen to a real interesting conversation that confirms that you can't fix stupid.

He asked the postal woman why they couldn't find the address and she said it wasn't to be found in the area so it must not exist. It is a marina behind a restaurant. In fact it is owned by the rstaurant and they share the same address. They went round and round and I was listening because he had put the call on speakerphone for my listening pleasure.

"Ma'am, there is a restaurant about a half-mile from your post office called the Such and such," he said.

"I know, I eat lunch there," she replied.

"So how about the next time you go there for lunch you bring my package and drop it off with the marina office behind the place?" he asked.

"Uh, uh...I guess I could do that," she said. She sounded pretty embarrassed.

Sometimes I wonder about the post office.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment