Friday, April 10, 2015

9 April 2015

I really wonder about why people act so surprised when they get what they have coming to them. 

I just watched something interesting happen when someone walked into a tug galley. A couple of the deckhands were sitting there having a smoke when a newbie wandered in and started complaining about the smoke.

Sometimes I jump in there but this time I decided to watch nature run its course. I quietly got up and refreshed my cup of mud and sat back down again. I watched the two deck hands tell the newbie that HE was the new kid on the block and it was HIS job to adapt to his surroundings.

Made sense to me. 

The kid came in and started griping about the smoking and was told pretty much to buzz off. I have to give the deckhands credit for not doing what I would have done. Likely if I was sitting there having a smoke and he had started in on me I simply would have blown a lungful of smoke his way.

Still, the newbie looked shocked. What was he thinking when he asked two people to change for him? Was he expecting the pair of them to act like Wally and the Beav and start apologizing for being themselves?

It's not just smoking. It's a lot of things and I was only using this as an example.

When you walk in on a group of people you are the one entering the group. They are not joining you, you are joining them. If you don't like what they are doing than simply don't enter the group.

Yes, it really is that simple.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment