Sunday, April 12, 2015

I just saw a video of a South Carolina

 cop shooting some poor guy to death for what appears to be no good reason. It looks to me like the shooting was little more than an execution for no good reason.

As is getting to be more the case these days the entire incident was caught on video and it doesn't look very much like a self-defense shooting to me. The self-defense laws generally read that once the attack has been stopped the game pretty much ends.

This guy was shot in the back while running away. He didn't appear to be endangering the life of the officer at all. If the officer tries a self-defense ploy to defend his actions in court he's going to lose quickly.

All the prosecuiton has to do is simply say, "Defending yourself against what? The man was running away from you and you shot him repeatedly in the back!" 

Of course, because it crossed racial lines there is pretty likely going to be hell to pay but I don't want to address that part right now. Let's just keep things simple. A police officer shot someone that didn't need or even deserve to be shot.

The shooter has been fired from the police department and been charged with the homicide and will likely wind up spending the next couple of decades in the slammer. This is actually how things like this should be handled.

The truth is that the average cop should be supporting the prosecution of this rogue officer and likely most police officers probably do.

Idiots like this make it pretty hard on the 99+% of good, hardworking cops. One of the things that good cops hate the most are crooked cops. Crooked cops make their jobs a lot harder to do.

Assuming that there is nothing that didn't meet the eye, and I can't imagine what that would be, I have no problem whatsoever with the state throwing this poor excuse for a police officer in jail and throwing away the key.

As I sit here writing this I have no internet service which is a shame. I'd go lurk around on a couple of police boards I know of and see what the consensus is over this.

A lot of people would be surprised to know that most police officers generally feel the same way the rest of us do when something like this comes up. In fact they probably dislike this kind of thing more than the average citizen does. It only makes their job a whole lot harder.

While I stood by the officer that shot a thug in Ferguson.  It was a clear-cut case of self-defense. However, I think I'm going to throw this policeman to the wolves.

Update: 

I now have internet service and went to a couple of police boards I lurk on from time to time. I called that one. 

EVERY SINGLE OFFICER that responded to the thread on the shooting is demanding the officer in question be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for murder. Many are demanding the death penalty for him. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment