Monday, September 28, 2015

Bagged another one for certain

I now have 200 DX entities logged (201 if you count Kosovo which isn't an ARRL DXCC entity because of a piece of paper)

I think now I have 193 confirmed and the likelihood of at least three or four more confirming inside the next couple of months.

Niue will post their log on line inside a day or two and I do believe I am on it. We'll see.

I'd like to put this project to bed.

One of the things I have to buckle down and do is to learn to read code at a MUCH faster rate. A lot of the DXpeditions have terrible voice pileups which are a bitch to get through. the CW pileups are nowhere near as bad.

Also CW will get through when nothing else will. 

The Niue DXpedition people worked CW almost exclusively and then near the end got decent propagation and went on the air with voice. I bagged them on 15 meter voice.

I also THINK I bagged them on 10, 12, and 15 meters CW but I'm not very sure. They really didn't slow down for me and I really can't be too sure they got my call sign correctly. 

I can see their point. They are trying to get as many QSOs as possible and really can't slow down for one newbie. I was on my own to read my call sign and whatever speed they were sending at which was FAST.

In three days I got 3 confirmations in the mail. Azerbaijan, Mauritius Island and Taiwan  all sent me QSL cards. When it rains, it pours.  

Yesterday I was Joe the plumber as electrolysis caused a couple pinholes in the plumbing. I've got more to do and it is raining today so maybe I'll finish up this afternoon. 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment