Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I really didn't do very well at Camp Perry


 this past summer but I did have a lot of fun. I enjoyed spending the early part of one evening tipping a few beers with some of the guys on one of the service teams. A few of them were not scheduled to shoot the next day so they kicked back and told an old man a couple of sea stories.

Of course, I told them about the Air Assault course back in the day. It was kind of like being in the old horse cavalry except every trooper was issued a ptarodactyl instead of a horse to carry them into battle with.

One of them asked me about jump school and I told him that when I was in the army they had actually just started issuing  parachutes. A very senior NCO probably heard it in the background. I saw him stop and think a second. Then he turned toward me and smirked.

I can be very dead pan and when I say something like that it often takes a second or two for people to figure it out.

Summer is over now as it is Labor Day tomorrow and it's time to get ready to do a few things to get ready for Old Man Winter. It's about this time of year I take a few minutes to reflect on what I have done over the summer. I had a good time at Camp Perry.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment