Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I am going to start spending more time with my niece and nephew and their kids.

I am getting old and although I can still get out and about well enough I ham rapidly learning it is not going to be that way forever.

Like I said to someone, I got shot the other day and although it was only a flesh wound it served to show me I am not bulletproof.

I want to spend time with the kids while I can. Time goes too fast too let things slide anymore because it seems to me like tomorrow is getting a lot closer to today. As of right now, tomorrow is only 17 hours away.

Over the last month I have done a few things in life I have kept putting off and it's sure fun to have done them and put them under my belt. I have somewhat mixed feelings about some things but I am glad I put others off until now.

There is a certain elan to making a parachute jump in ones mid 60s. I do have to admit, though, that a free fall to me was somewhat of a let down. I would have enjoyed a hop and pop a lot more.

Still, I'm kind of glad I waited but glad I did it while I still could.

One of the things I have done is stop smoking and as I write if has been six months and twelve days. Still, after about five decades of Camel Lungbusters there has to be damage there that cessation isn't going to make go away and I have found out there is some.

One of the things about me is I am not 100% stupid and as such not surprised. Incidentally don't go running around trying to diagnose me or wondering if there is anything specific going on. There isn't anything specific coming up now.

Actually the problems I have now are not my own, but the wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth of others. Certain people say things that are not well thought out. 

"Maybe if you eat wild hickory nuts mixed with flax seed and ground up huckleberries it'll get better." or some such crap.

How about maybe not. What it is it is. Leave it the hell alone. There is no fountain of youth and even if there was I would not be fooling myself by chasing it.

Every life has a beginning, a middle and an end and when you realize that and face it life gets a lot easier to live.

Although I am not looking at the end of life straight in the eye now, I do know it is out there wrapped around a corner awaiting me.

I feel fortunate I have just realized this and have been given a heads up because I do believe it will spurn me on to get a few more things done.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment