Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25th, 2017

I think I'll have codfish and eggs for breakfast today. That sounds pretty good this morning. 

Last night I went out with a friend I have not seen in about eight years since he retired from the Marine Corps. We went out for a light meal at a place I used to go to for their steaks.

I'm still kind of sore and I almost begged off but I'm beginning to feel pretty good so getting out probably did me more good than harm. Whatever.


A retired gunnery sergeant with over 22  years he told me a pretty funny story about his retirement. He said he stayed for 22 years and ten months because he thought he had to serve his entire final enlistment!

Anyway it was fun seeing him after all of those years. We Had a few chuckles and shared future plans. 

It is always good running into someone from your past that you had a good time with and this was no exception. When we met he was in recruiting duty here and did well on it to the point where he parked his primary MOS of ammo tech and became a recruiter for the rest of his career.

The service is a pretty good place for opportunities and this guy took advantage of it. He took advantage of the educational opportunities and got a Master's degree at government expense and retired from active duty at the ripe old age of 42.

I always get a kick out of the people that think the service is a bad deal for people. The US military has probably financed more educations than almost anything out there.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment