Friday, November 3, 2017

The TV has an ad running in the background about trying to


eliminate the next Canadian seal hunt.

A baby seal walks into a club....

I am not going to get into that one but it was kind of a strange thing to pick up in the background. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Today I throw myself at the mercy of the medical people because I have to take a routine test. It's big breakfast time as I have found that these things tend to run a little late.

I don't foresee any problems.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It's rainy and I am glad I fought with both mowers and got the lawn mowed yesterday for the last time this season.

The 'good' mower acted up on me because I believe the carburetor float got stuck and allowed gas to run out of it. I broke out the 'reserve' mower and ran that one until it just plain died.

That's when I replaced the plug on the 'good' mower, shut off the gas and started it with ether and then turned the gas on again.

A bunch of unburned gas forced its way out of the muffler and then it stopped running rough, smoothed out and I finished the lawn.

What a pain in the ass that was.

As usual, as I do at the end of the season I ran the gas out of the tank before putting it away.

This time nobody played with it.

A few years back some do-gooder was walking their dog, passed by and saw the mower running and shut it off. I caught her and she gave the old, tired safety of the children excuse. She got a damned crude answer about child welfare. I was not kind.

I hate people like that.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I looked in the mirror and I'm glad I colored my beard. 

The coloring is fading out and the timing was perfect. It's grown in and is a nice salt and pepper. When it begins growing in it looks like I should smell like vomit and cheap wine and live under a bridge.

I really don't care a whole lot but I know my wife really doesn't like it very much. She doesn't mind the winter beard, just the early grow-in part.

It really does look like hell when I start growing it in.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment