Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Wet outside

A rainy day which is par golf for this time of year.

Last night I started out with a few hundred Baby Ruths, half of a 750 of rum and a 1.75 liter full of rum/brandy mix and a tub of my world renowned hot butter rum mix.

Today I have a bunch of Baby Ruths and about an inch in the 1.75 liter bottle.

Word got out and the neighbors traipsed over because they heard I was home and serving HBRs. They apparently like the recipe.

As usual several people asked for the recipe and as usual I told them it was a secret because it was given to me in strict confidence.

I got it from an old an a couple of decades ago and the only thing I changed about it is that I use a microwave to melt the butter.

I wish it was a dry day today because I want to mow the lawn for the final time this season.

Last night was great, no real incidents.

I had a couple of cocky teenagers but they were pretty easy to deal with. One asked me about my fedora collection I keep in the garage. I told him I took them all from pimps that tried to rob me. I took their hats AND their straight razors and told him I had a straight razor to match the hats in a display case.

The other teen tried to cadge a HBR from me and claimed he had an ID. I wasn't fooled for an instant.

"We both have IDs we got from the same college dorm," I said. "Yours says you're 21 so you can sneak into bars and mine says I 11 so I can sneak into the movies for half price."

Both teenagers gave me dour looks of kids that have just discovered they are not as smart as they thought they were. It's a look I have given grownups when I was a kid.

All in all a nice night. The little kids are precious.

I was told that last year a couple of huge van loads of out of the area kids were bussed into the area because they heard we were pretty generous. That didn't happen this year. I have a feeling the police had a quiet word with whoever but can't confirm.

88888888888888888888

In other news, I found a 1/48 scale Grumman Goose model airplane and finished it yesterday painted in the now defunct Kodiak Western airlines color.

I traveled in both DHC-2 Beavers and Grumman Gooses while I lived in Kodiak. (Yes, the plural of Grumman Goose is Gooses)

The model now graces my bedroom ceiling hanging from monofilament fishing line and  stands to remind me of earlier interesting times.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment