Friday, April 20, 2018

New neighbor coming

and hopefully not a jerk but I am very wary. This is a very scary time.

It will be entirely up to them how they get treated by me. It will be a case of best friend or worst enemy and their choice. It really IS that simple.

The problem lies that I have been an outlaw of sorts since Day One here and have been accepted because the locals here know the difference between an outlaw and a criminal. It's been about 25 years and it's been a good run.

I explained to someone last night that I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to the laws enacted by our elected officials. If I decide I want to make whisky in my backyard or basement I will and it is as simple as that. I won't sell it and it will be for personal consumption as I don't want to accept the responsibility for what others do with it. Still, if I feel like it I'll make it.

One of the other things I do for the most part is ignore speed limit signs. I let the neighborhood dictate my speed. If it is a dense residential neighborhood I will drive slowly and keep and eye peeled for people, especially kids. It's because I don't want to inflict injury on anyone.

As far as drugs go, I don't use them because I don't want to use them. There are a number of reasons I can give for this. None of which are the usual addiction/health issues/do-good stuff.

My employer conducts drug tests. It's their company and their rules. If I want to continue employment I play by their rules. (Why they drug test is a separate argument. I'm not going to get into that.) 

That's a big reason. I suppose I could find another line of work if I wanted to but I like what I do.

The BIG reason I have not gotten into the drug world is actually from observations that go as far back as high school.

I noticed that most of the users seem to have a lot more headaches than non users. They always seem to be broke. They have legal troubles and are always seeming to be victimized one way or another. Beatings, rip-offs and this sort of thing seem to occur to druggies at a pretty big rate. Their entire life centers around drugs. Because of the legal status of drugs they really have no recourse. Try reporting that someone stole an 8-ball of coke from you. Tell me what happened because I can always use a good laugh.

I simply didn't want to live that way. I still don't.

Actually I consider the entire war on drugs to be a colossal waste of time and money. My nature says that that kind of behavior, as stupid as it is, should not be criminalized. A person has a right to be stupid if they so desire so long as they keep it to themselves.

While I really don't have much of an arsenal anymore because I sold my scary stuff for a hellacious profit after Sandy Hook, I do own a couple of firearms, mainly target guns. I enjoy shooting an occasional competitive match.

The arms I do have are for a number of purposes. Like I said, I enjoy the use of firearms for sport. I do keep a couple for defensive purposes. I have the right to self-defense against a number of dangers and truly believe it is the duty of the individual to defend himself, his family, neighborhood, town, county,state and nation against any danger, be it criminal, natural or tyrannical.

In short I have nothing whatsoever with any citizen in good standing owning and maintaining the basic infantryman's load of a rifle and ammunition. A citizen between the ages of 18 and 65 should be able to buckle on his rig, grab his rifle and go off to take care of his/her lawful defensive business. 

It is interesting to note the number of lootings and thefts in New York and New Jersey  after Hurricane Sandy a few years ago. A handful of well placed shots or a pitched grenade or two would have brought that kind of behavior to a complete halt rather quickly.

Incidentally if you are a DA trying to secure a conviction on a simple outlawed firearms case you might think twice about putting me on the jury. That goes for an awful lot of other stupid so-called crimes. A couple of dumb college kids pooling their money to buy a bag of weed does NOT constitute organized crime. In fact I don't consider that to be much of a crime at all.The fact that a case like that is even IN a court of law wasting people's time and money is a bad joke.

The entire country would be a whole lot better off if we would simply take care of ourselves and our immediate neighbors.



Yet we have a lot of people that want to tell others what to do and how to act. I am presently praying that my new neighbors are not in that category.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


Something to calm me down.

The deer are in the yard again and they are fifteen feet from me through the window.





















To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment