Thursday, April 26, 2018

We always go back to our training and instinct.

Last summer I was home in the old neighborhood. The street I grew up on is still pretty sleepy.It gives me the opportunity to ghost down the hill slowly in neutral.

Nature called while I was daydreaming about a long ago fought neighborhood apple fight and what happened is interesting as I was preoccupied at the time looking at the old neighborhood.

For the period of a couple of seconds I took a mental inventory of what I had. There were paper towels that could double for bathroom tissue, a folded up e-tool behind the seat of my pickup, there was a decent thicket on the side of the fire road...HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! You are not 11 years old anymore! They throw people in jail for that kind of thing these days!

I made a fast mental search nd inside a very few minutes I found a public facility and took care of business. No big deal.

Still, I was amazed with how I can fall into training and instinct that is well over fifty years old.

Then again back in the day a 10-12 year old kid wasn't going to let something like the call of nature take him from something like a war game or and apple fight.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment