Monday, April 30, 2018

I stayed out of it but it was damned hard doing so.

One of the tools I work with is a handy-talkie radio.

Being a radio you can't see who you are talking to. Years ago an advertising campaign for radio advertising sang "You don't hafta look at pitchers (pictures) on the ra-a-a-dio!"

So someone realized that the radio could give him a bit of anonymity, keyed the mic and said, "This place sucks!"

Some suit heard it, keyed in and demanded to know "Who said that?"

For the first time in decades I did NOT lower my voice several decades and croak "He did!"

Someone took up my slack and said "He did!" and the usual stupidity took off like a shot. Guys were blaming people that were not at work (giving them an alibi) and generally carrying on.

Why suits take the bait is beyond me. They just make fools of themselves. Actually they provide the workers with much needed entertainment when you think of it.

There are guys that come to work in suits that are not suits. They are guys that are one of the guys.

The guys commonly referred to as suits are those sad bastards that no matter what will never be one of the guys and are horribly resentful about it. When they walk in to an area the temperature drops about thirty degrees.

However, these people more often than not provide hours of entertainment for the rank and file. It seldom makes up for the misery they cause but it actually is funny.

Later when I saw my shoreside peer face to face he asked why I didn't jump in and say "He did." He said he waited a few seconds before he jumped in and teased me about having to let him take up my slack.

Truth is I do not know why I kept out of it. I must be getting old or something.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment