Monday, April 23, 2018

Whores use a lot of sheets.

I just remembered the forgotten part of one of the Las Vegas trips my friend and I pulled in the early 80s.

On the way back to Fisherman's Terminal we pulled into an Elko whorehouse for a couple of drinks and as we entered I got a bright idea.

"Let's see if we can get these people to do our wash," I said. "We can sit in the bar and have a couple of drinks while we get the wash done."

"There's a laundromat in Elko," replied my friend. "It's kinda gross, but we used it once before. What makes you think a whorehouse is going to have laundry facilities?"

"Whores use lots and lots of sheets," I said.

"Good point," he said. "Let's ask."

We entered, sat down at the bar and talked to the bartender and asked about having our wash done while we ate and had a couple of drinks.

The bartender sent someone over to us, a guy. He asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted to have some wash done while we ate. I said I figured they had washing machines to wash the sheets that got used there. 

"I'll get back with you in a minute," he said. He was gone for about that and when he returned he asked "What do you have? A duffel  and a sleeping bag each?"

I nodded and he turned to the bartender. "Anything for a buck.Take twenty five bucks from these guys for their laundry."

We hauled our wash into the bar and someone immediately took it and it disappeared.

A little over an hour later we were back on the road with a duffel bag each of fresh, neatly folded laundry and clean sleeping bags. If I recall the total price of laundry, lunch and a couple beers was around fifty bucks.

Not bad.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment