Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A simple wind up wrist watch is damned hard to find these days

at least at a reasonable price.

New ones go for hundreds which surprised me.

I did manage to snag a refurbished one from India, though for about fifteen bucks with a year's guarantee which was more than reasonable.

I want it as a backup for my battery powered watch that just crapped out on me at work and means I have a hard time figuring out what time something happened for logging purposes.

I figure that if I buy a second battery powered watch for a backup I'll probably be stuck with two unusable watches but if I have a manual as a backup I can just wind it, set it and strap it on and I'm good to go.

When the tour is over I can replace my battery powered one, let the manual run itself out and stay in my toiletry bag until I need it again. 

While I prefer a Timex Expedition, the manual backup needs no battery and when the battery runs down on the Timex I'm still on business.

Doing what I do at sea, I do need a reliable watch.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment