Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Notre Dame cathedral burned today

of course there are a million questions on what started it. I have heard that it was likely a contractor screw up as there was work being performed on it.

Someone else's uber secret too cool inside contact claims a fireman thinks it was arson. 

I am not going to venture much of a guess right now but I am going to question a quickie French government statement that it was a careless workman. That would be too neat for my tastes.

As far as possible Islamic terrorism goes, we'll see if someone takes credit for it or where the investigation takes us. Still, if I hear that it was radical Islamic terrorism I won't be surprised. I'm actually sorry to say that, too.

There have been quite a number of vandalism attempts made on French churches as of late and it's gotten pretty stale fast.

Still I don't want to pin this one on the first one handy. This is not the time to simply round up the usual suspects. It requires a complete proper investigation.

I'm interested in seeing where this one leads.

No matter how this turns out it has been a terrible loss to all of us. Notre Dame was more than a religious building. It was a center of Old World craftsmanship, style, grace and beauty.

I just got an update that said the place was not totally destroyed and that Macron said it would be rebuilt.

Hopefully it will be rebuilt as it originally was but I doubt it. 

Anyway, time will tell.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment