Friday, April 12, 2019

There are a lot of artifacts being dug up in Russia these days

and someone asked me why I don't collect stuff like that. 

A lot of what the archaeologist types find are helmets and dogtags.

Both of those two items are seldom if ever ditched by a soldier in combat. You an tell which helmets were still glued to someone's head when he was killed because the organics of his head over time rotted the helmet out from the inside.

Why would I want to collect something that constantly reminds me that some poor bastard had a real bad day and left his mother a sobbing wreck?

I do have a small bottle of sand from the invasion beach of Iwo Jima and when I saw it I admit I cried as I pictured all those Marines and machines bogged down in it. The sand is very coarse and hard enough for a man to slog through it and is impossible to dig into as any holes dug in it will crumple.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment