Thursday, April 18, 2019

I love a woman with a sense of humor

She was working on a dock one really nasty, wet day and was soaked to the bone. She reminded me of a drowned rat and I'm sure she was miserable, cold, tired and wet.

I was outside, too in good rain gear and with a cup of coffee in my hand. 

I couldn't help it. A man's gotta do what he's gotta do. I took one look at her and asked her, "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" I then stood back to admire my masterpiece and receive my well deserved dirty look. What I wound up with came out of nowhere and whacked me like a brick from behind.

In a voice oozing with sarcasm and indignant belligerence she demanded, "WHO said I'm a nice girl!?" 

I admit, coffee shot out my nose.

Ya gotta love a woman with a wit. At a workplace they are very few and far between and a woman like that is a precious jewel.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment