Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Are we REALLY that stupid? really?

The other day I posted that my Social Security number was six and it didn't take long before someone demanded that I prove it by showing them my card.

Yes. Somebody REALLY IS that stupid but it isn't all that surprising when I stop and think it through.

On an internet board a few years back someone asked me when I was in the army and I told him I served with Colonel Roosevelt in Cuba. Of course this simply means I was a soldier a long time ago.

Some buffoon read that and went off on me babbling incoherently that I was a liar and accused me of being a beef jerky selling gun show SEAL.

What was funnier is that someone came charging in to my defense and posted a picture of the rough Riders atop Kettle Hill standing around the flag with Teddy in the middle.

Behind Roosevelt you can see someone but only his hat shows. It's just a hat.

My  defender pointed an arrow at the hat and labeled it 'Piccolo'. It really was pretty ridiculous and I admit it made me laugh.

My accuser apparently took one look at the picture and swallowed it, hook, line and sinker and promptly apologized profusely. I guess it never occurred to him that I would have had to be well over 130 years old to  have been with Teddy back in 1898.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment