Saturday, April 25, 2020

I have not seen my old buddy the cop for a while.

The first time we met I was on the front lawn gardening and he had been sent to investigate a man reported to be giving children hard liquor. He was quite amused to find out the child in question had actually been seen drinking iced tea out of a Jim Beam bottle.

I use the Beam bottle to hold iced tea sometimes when I garden.

That was many moons ago.

I have run into him from time to time at various places. He's a pretty good cop and is still serving although he could have retired some time ago. He actually likes people and I would imagine since he became eligible for retirement he is more relaxed on the job.

This Corona virus situation has made a lot of us tend to avoid most human contact and it really sucks. I'd like to run into him again because he is a character. One time he witnessed some chaos at the coffee stand. The offended party that has actually started the ruckus looked to the cop for help and the officer simply replied, "I'm not getting in the middle of that!"

When things settled down a bit I quietly told him that it he got into a bind he could cuff me and stuff me and take me around the corner and drop me off if it would placate some idiot.

He chuckled when I said that.

He was in the convenience store when I wandered in cheerfully. A woman asked me why I was so cheerful and I told her "I just got outta the joint!"

I saw the cop out of the corner of my eye and he was quite amused. I also saw his eyes roll when the dumb woman asked me what I had done to be sent to prison. When I told her that some nosy woman had asked me too many nosy questions and I had stuck her in the ear with an ice pick, he looked quite amused and put his two cents worth in.

He told the woman he had been the arresting officer to the amusement of a number of clerks and locals.

That's the kind of guy you miss. 










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment