Monday, April 13, 2020

The checks come out on the 8th.

Any of you hams out there may or may not know about a program called Netlogger. It's for people that run nets. I believe it was developed by OMISS, one of the WAS nets but I could be wrong. Anyway it's free and I decided to learn to use it.

The best way to learn something is simply by doing it and making mistakes and learning from them so I simply created a net.

It had to have a name so I figured Rumor Control was as good as any other name. I typed it in, set up Netlogger and went on the air.

It was slow and I only got a few hits which is to be expected and it was running along well until someone asked what the rumor was.

A sharp operator standing by chimed in with "Checks come out on the 8th." so that was the rumor of the day.

Of course someone wanted to know WHAT checks were coming out on the 8th and of course we didn't know. All we said was that checks come out on the 8th.

Someone else pointed out that it was already the 12th. His voice let me know he saw the humor of the rumor. Of course someone else didn't get it and seemed confused until someone else explained that it was only a rumor and therefore not confirmed. Besides you can't believe rumors. 

Meanwhile I was trying to figure out a few things about Netlogger and managed to stumble around looking for the Not So Instant IM button. I looked all over hell and found it was the huge big blue button in the middle of the display which is par golf for me.

Still, all in all I learned a few things and now have a pretty good idea on how to use the new tool and had a little fun spreading the word that checks come out on the 8th.

That's a pretty good rumor to get going around. 

It's true, too because someone's checks just HAVE to come out on the 8th. It may be the payroll for Joe's Plumbing in Milwaukee or the Sheik of Araby's bribes in Sukhran but someone's checks come out on the 8th of something.

So the rumor is true. The checks come out on the 8th.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment