Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A while ago I heard some woman babble about having three brothers

as her security. "If anybody hurts me they are going to have to face my brothers!"

It was on a forum where the subject of personal security came up. Some of the people responded that they had carry permits, others did not and relied on the police for their security.

Someone else pointed out to the woman that the brothers were useless because would respond AFTER the damage had been done. They were right.

Responding after the fact doesn't keep the crime from happening. 

Needless to say I don't think that idiot woman understood the concept of not allowing one's self to become a victim in the first place.

For what it's worth, I am not one of those guys that won't step out into my yard unless I'm wearing two six guns, a Winchester and girded by two bandoliers. I'm seldom armed but I do reserve the option.

I generally opt to be both careful of where I go and to be aware of the situation at all times.

Still I realize the police departments can't be everywhere and it's actually my personal responsibility to take care of myself.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment