Sunday, August 30, 2020

If I see a law that is unjust or plain stupid I simply ignore it.

which makes me like an awful lot of other people.

I simply try and live somewhat responsibly. I go about my business and try to live it with a certain amount of human decency. I try and endanger nobody unless they endanger me first.

I was once stopped for driving too slow on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It was during an ice storm and the entire turnpike was a sheet of ice and I deemed that even driving at the minimum of 40 (or is it 45?) was a dangerous and stupid thing to do. I simply got into the right lane, turned on my flashers and plodded along. A trooper saw me and pulled me over. I think he was actually fishing for a DUI.

He told me there was a state mandated minimum speed.

"Based on good, clear and dry road conditions," I answered. "We're supposed to be able to think. Do you think this road is safe to drive on at 70 mph?"

"Not really, he confessed. Just then someone passed by at typical daylight speed.

"See that? That's irresponsible," I said.

"Yeah, it is," he confessed. "I should be going after him. Tell you what. Just leave your flashers on and if someone comes up behind you fast and hard duck into the breakdown lane. I wish we had more people like you." With that he left.

I passed several accidents that night but I was not involved in any of them. 

There are a lot of other laws, rules and regulations I routinely flout.

That's because rules and regulations are made by people, most of which do knot have a clue as to what is going on.

We wouldn't need government if everyone lived responsibly but not everyone does. There is no shortage of idiots out there that ruin things for everyone else.

I have said it before, I'll say it again. Government is a necessary evil.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment