Saturday, August 22, 2020

I think that a big part of the reason I get away with

so much petty crap these days is because I am an old man coupled with the outrageousness of my remarks.

One day I saw a toddler walking down the aisle in the supermarket. It was obvious the toddler had bolted and that the mother would be along shortly. The woman ahead of me grabbed the kid by her hand and held her, awaiting the arrival of the mother that was most likely conducting an aisle by aisle search.

After about a minute the woman holding the child asked me what she should do.

"Hold her for thirty days," I said. "If nobody claims her she's yours!"

Mom was coming up behind me at flank speed and heard the comment and snapped, "That's not funny!" She charged past me and grabbed the toddler without so much as a simple thank you to the woman that held her and the pair stormed off.

The woman that had been holding the toddler looked at me and said, "Just think. In twenty-nine more days I could have been raising a beautiful little girl."

 The woman and I looked at each other and laughed.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment