Saturday, May 15, 2021

I see where female veterans are getting hassled a bit

Pittsburgh has no shortage of meddlers and I just saw a news blurb about female veterans getting hassled for using the veteran parking spaces and being told they can't use their husband's discounts.

Husband's discounts? It's THEIR discount. They earned it. Bet you there are a number of households where the husband should be told he can't use his wife's discount or whatever.

Guess what? She's just as much a veteran as any of us it. 

I just heard that women comprise about 16% of the service population these days. The number of female veterans has skyrocketed and as a result the number of vets will climb. 

For the record I get at Lowe's was Lowe's offering it and I took it. I didn't expect it I didn't ask for it. They asked me. A clerk behind the counter saw my DNR dogtag and handed me an application which I filled out. 

I didn't serve for parking spaces and discounts. I enlisted to get the right to complain.

If you have not contributed to something you don't have a right to complain about it.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment