Friday, May 28, 2021

I was raised by a genius.

I really was.

IIRC I was about 12 or so and got a raw deal from a neighborhood adult. I won't get into it here but I was not guilty of anything but just the thought of a false accusation was enough to really piss me off.

Dad grilled me and simply told me he knew I was getting a raw deal.

I looked at him and said, "I ought to paint that new car of his pink."

Suddenly there was a maniacal look on his face. I thought he looked like Jack the Ripper or someone.

"Lennie would give me a couple of quarts of pink paint!" He said. "Do you think we can get away with it?"

I looked at him, elated at first but picked up on what he was trying to say. "Probably not," I said, sourly.

"Look, Kiddo, it's not the first time you've gotten a raw deal and it's probably not going to be the last."

The man always seemed to know what to say. He knew he couldn't change things but at least knew how to make them bearable.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment