Thursday, May 27, 2021

Label makers generally wind up being a pain in the ass

because of the mentality that it has to be used because you have it.

They can certainly be a useful tool and can alleviate confusion. I was glad to see used on a group of four electrical switches so I would instantly know which one is which.

On the other hand when people get bored and take it to extreme things start to look a little ridiculous. People don't need a label on a refrigerator to know it's a refrigerator or a sink to know it's a sink.

Several years back I briefly worked as a fill-in on a boat where both crews seemed engaged in a contest to label as much as they could. It went from the ridiculous to the sublime until someone got a stencil made that said 'floor tile' and stenciled it onto every single floor tile in the galley.

Had I been a part of the permanent crew I probably would have thrown the label maker over the side for all the stupidity it caused.










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. I had a good laugh! But label makers can become addictive. They make you want to do that. sr

    ReplyDelete