Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Let's leave this one alone and let it scab over and heal a while.

Yeah. I'm talking about racism.

Someone asked me how to end it and I replied that it will go away on its own when it stops being so damned profitable.

When it stops being a money maker the professional race baiters will find something else to do. I said that once to someone and they replied, "How do you figure that?"

I pointed out that David Duke, Al Sharpton and a number of others have gotten themselves pretty fat and rich by playing the race game. BLM has raised over a billion dollars and the big shots of it are buying mansions.

I won't even begin to say how much the media makes on racism. MS-13 can hack up and rape a platoon of nuns and it never makes news. After all, the big story is the fist fight in an elementry school playground that crossed racial lines. The spin doctors can have a field day with that one!

You bet there's money to be made in racism! 

Wanna get rich? Hop on the racism bandwagon! You can make quite a killing! Be the first kid on your block to cash in and make BIG MONEY by vilifying your innocent neighbor! Create hate, anger and discontentment for fun and profit!

Now let's look at how we're trying to fight racism... those of us that are not trying to make a buck.

We fight racism with MORE racism. We often pile on the most insideous form of racism out there, the racism of low expectations.

Government hiring should be a strict meritocracy. The most qualified candidate gets the job, period. Race, color, whatever should have no part of hiring in government. (Private industry is different. The can do what they want. It's called 'liberty' and sometimes it can be a real bitch.

Like it or not, the Ku Klux Klan has just as much right to exist as the Black Panthers do. Liberty can be a real bitch at times. It gives its blessings to EVERYONE, no matter what their point of view is. One healthy thing is does, though is let the haters out themselves. It brings them into sunlight. Outlawing a group drives them underground where we don't know what they're up to. I digressed but who cares?

Minority recruiting, set-asides and the like have no place in government hiring. That in itself is a racist policy and should be eliminated. It's also a HUGE insult to minorities in general. It says 'we don't consider you to be equals. you need special help to get anywhere'.

Needless to say, when someone looks at a minority in a position of responsibility the first thing they think about is if the person was hired as part of some quota system and is therefore assumed to probably be inferior.

Meanwhile some poor guy that busted his ass to get truly qualified and has worked hard to become capable gets lumped in with the recruited or the set-asides. 

My neighbor, a nurse, tells me that she's had several blacks specify they get a white doctor. Why? My guess is they think the black doctor is not up to snuff because they are afraid he's a diversity hire and therefore not as good as a white doctor. (Diversity is good so long as it isn't MY health and/or well being we are talking about!)

She also reports that a black doctor at the top of her list of go-to doctors for problems in  his field. Yet some blacks are probably convinced he got through medical school on some set-aside program. What an insult to a fine, competent physician! 

Another thing I have noticed, mainly among black men is what is really self-segregation. When I hear someone say, "As a black man..." I see it as a kind of self-segregation. Sometimes I see it used as an excuse of sorts for one thing or another or as a way to elicit something.

(I won't get into the battle of the sexes here. Men and women ARE different. Get over it.)

Truth is from my point of view, I don't give a damn what color you are. To me you're simply a man or a woman. Be one.

Racism is a festering sore on the ass of humanity and what do we do with that sore? We constantly pick at it. Things we pick at never heal. 

I have a former classmate that constantly digging up and posting anything she can find about minorities running into various problems from being beaten by the police to tripping on a crack on the sidewalk. (Gravity must be racist) Of course the city is racist because they didn't fix the crack on time to keep Old Whatshisface from falling on his ass. 

For her virtually everything under the sun is of has the potential to be racist. 

I will admit some of her posts do hold a certain amount of water. But after you do some digging and get the entire story the number goes down considerably. She's dedicated her life to being a SJW and as a result has contributed to keeping racism alive and healthy.

I often wonder what this woman would do if racism (and some other social issues) magically went away. What would she do with herself? She obviously has spent her life trying to take care of everyone else's problems instead of taking care of her own. 

Give it a rest. Racism is not going to go away overnight and constantly picking at the scab and trying to find new reasons to pick at it isn't going to let it heal. Bad things 
ARE going to happen to good people. Get used to it.

As for me? All I can do is live by example. I guess I'm just one of those old guys that plants trees even though I have no hope of being able to sit in the shade it will provide.

To coin an old phrase,  "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Needless to say, because I believe that, a lot of people say that makes ME a racist. Yeah. OK. The mistletoe attached to my shirt tail. Use it.


 











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment