Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Thanks, Buddy.


I had someone over the house for some business. He saw my modest ham rig and asked me about it. I told him it was a ham radio rig and said I use it to talk to people all over the world.

He gave me a dubious look so in a 'hold my beer' moment I turned it on. I had the laptop running and a tab on one of the clusters so I glanced at it. A certain Slovenian was up on 20 meters so I tuned the rig to the frequency and there he was, booming at a 5x9+30 signal, clear as a bell. On top of that, his usual pileup had faded and he was calling CQ.

I threw my call sign out, he answered and I quickly said I have a visitor that had never seen a ham radio and to please tell him where he was right now.

He graciously gave his name, explained he lived in Slovenia and told us about his town and a couple of other pleasantries.

I wish I had a camera to take a picture of my visitors face because his eyes popped halfway out of his head and his jaw fell practically to the floor. It was priceless.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment