Friday, May 27, 2022

Don't do this.

Names changed to protect the guilty (Guilty of doing nothing wrong.)

I don't know if the guy had a driver's license or another form of ID but I about died laughing when someone used a carry permit as a form of ID at the bank.

The teller saw it and got wide-eyed and stuttered something about not being allowed to carry a gun in a bank. The man told the woman his weapon was in his car outside with his wife.

'B..but this permit says..." she stammered.

I didn't have all day.

"Hey Lady, his firearm in in his car." I said. 

"But this thing says..." she stammered.

"Lady, you got a driver's license?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied.

"So how come you're not driving?" I asked.

"My car is in the parking lot," she replied.

"So is his firearm. It's not in the bank." I shot back. "The permit is a bona fide picture ID so let's get with the program. Take care of the man. There are over 125,000 of those permits in this county. My 96 year old mother even has one."

You would think the bank would train their people about the various legitimate forms of ID.

Several years ago I used one to cash a check in Philly out of curiosity and get a bunch of stupid questions about it. Unfortunately she didn't ask me if I had a pistol in my pocket so I couldn't tell her I was just glad to see her.

A carry permit is a truly lousy ID in most cases. Don't use it.

Personally I think it's a great form of ID because in order to get one you have to have a clean record.

On the rare occurence when I get stopped by a policeman I hand him both my driver's license and my CCW. It tends to relax policemen just for that reason. I have had a couple of officers over the years ask if I was carrying. When I said I wasn't one cop asked me, "Why not?"





 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment