Friday, May 6, 2022

I am still occasionally hearing about the time I defended liberty which is what I did once.


This goes back quite a number of years but some Skinhead/Klan group wanted to hold a rally in a medium sized city and the mayor stood up and told the people that he was not going to permit it.

Frankly I don't think the mayor really cared but being a political animal he was counting the votes. That and he figured the rally would probably lead to counterprotests and a brawl of sorts.

Of course I had to put my two cents worth in and wrote the mayor a letter (remember those?) supporting liberty and justice for ALL and all means all. I told him it was unAmerican to not let the jerks have their say. Liberty and justice for all means all...including the people you don't like.

My letter proved to be moot as the Skinheads took it to court and justice prevailed and they got their permit. The rally was held and street justice prevailed. They got bombarded with enough old produce to feed all of the starving people in China, India or wherever for quite some time. Then the crowd ran out of produce and roared in and the Skinheads took to their heels and that was that. The End.

Except that I got a lot of misinterpreted crap over that letter I wrote. 

They said I was supporting the Skinheads which I was not by any stretch of an intelligent imagination. I was supporting basic human rights. Skinheads have the same rights the rest of us do and if they want to hold a rally, that's fine by me.

No government entiry has a right to stop them no matter what cause they support so long as they behave themselves. Yup. Antifa has the right to demonstrate as does the Klan, pro-Trumpers, John Birchers, Estemenians for the prevention of fat people, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Satanists and every other group out there that is willing to behave themselves.

Even the Irish!

Of course if the go tearing stuff up all bets are off. They have no right to complain if they wind up wearing a Bronx party hat after getting a hickory shampoo during the uproar they caused.

People are easily fooled. They always seem to forget that if they give the powers that be the go-ahead to stifle someone else they have given them the go-ahead to stifle THEM a little further down the line. They allow the prescedent to be set.

They sell their rights out for what they see as a little temporary safety and the truth is when they do they get neither in the long run.

As for the person that gave me a snotty remark over the letter I wrote years ago, I correctly told him he didn't understand liberty then and he doesn't understand it now. 

He said that by letting the rally be held a brawl occurred. I pointed out that the Founding Fathers expected that sort of thing to happen during highly emotional protests. They knew that the Constitution could withstand differences of opinion. They also it could not withstand giving the government the right to pick and choose what causes they were to support and who they could deny of their rights.

Actually I told him he is just as stupid as he was so many years ago and that I am not surprised because Ron White was spot on when he said you can't fix stupid.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment