Thursday, May 5, 2022

I have sensitivity.

I wonder about the young girl I met at the supermarket. She was behind me in line. She was a bubbly young girl, just free of being a toddler.

When I noticed her I tipped my hat and said, "How are you, young lady."

She blushed and was shy but then got brave and replied "Fine," and did kind of a courtsy. "How are you, Old man?" she replied.

I laughed and told her I was fine and the mother stepped in and raised hell with her for calling me an old man which I am.

I told the mother to butt out and said she was young enough to not know any better and I was too old to care what anyone thought.

Still I wonder about that beautiful child as it won't be long before she enters middle age in a couple of years. It happens in school pretty quickly.

Right now I want to sit on the bench with one of two people. One or the other or maybe even both at different times.

I either want to sit with a young girl of  maybe 4 or 5 and eat an ice cream cone or sit on the same bench and split a half pint of bourbon with a 95 year old man.

Same difference. Both will speak the truth. She's too young to know and he's too old to care.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment