Saturday, February 11, 2023

Well, we signed on a plumber finally and he starts some time next week.

Plumbers have been responsible for the eradication of far more disease than all doctors combined.

Of course when you point that out to the suburban Karen types they give you a deer in the headlights look but it's true. Modern sanitation has done more for us than anything I can think of.

While doctors have found ways to cure diseases, plumbers have kept people from getting them to begin with. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Anyway, while I do have a running toilet and a Mickey Mouse rigged shower and can get by, it will sure be nice to have things up and running properly.

Ten years, or maybe even 5 years ago I would have hung my own sheeetrock but I now have to find someone to do it for me. I've got a couple of leads lined up. After that it'll just be a garage door, painting the garage and basement walls  and little carpentry and we're back in business.

The garage door is going to be a pain for reasons I won't get into here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This house is just a simple Cape and as such was designed for simple living. I grew up where they were first designed.

The place is a simple layout for a small working class family and too simple for a lot of people that were raised differently.

It's not one of those places where the kids come home and do their homework in their room at their own desk. It's the kind of place where they do that kind of thing at the good Ol American kitchen table where generations of Americans did their homework and learned heir ABCs.

I guess in this day and age it's where the kid plugs in their laptop and learn. 

This is kind of an old house. It's not an OLD old house, it was built in 1948. Back in the day my neighborhood had several homes built in the 1700s.

Still, I suppose that in this day and age to make it convenient it would need a few more electrical outlets as people use more electrical gadgets than they did back in the day.

==============================

Speaking of old houses, on my street people that lived in theise historical old homes would put a small sign on them with the original builder's name and the year it was built.

I grew up in a relatively new house, built in 1925.

In response to the neighbors putting up the signs, I put one up that said: C. Colombus 1492.

It actually lasted a while until some historical club snob gave mmy mother crap about it.She took it down after that. I would have replaced it with a bigger one but it wasn't my house.

888888888888888888888888888888888888






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment