Thursday, February 9, 2023

Where did I go to school? I didn't. I passed third grade and it ended there.

is what I told someone a while back when he found out I was a licensed captain.

"But that requires a college degree!" he said. (It doesn't) "How did you get your license?

"I got a waiver," I replied. "I studied at the kitchen table nights."

"And they gave you a waiver even though you didn't even finish elementry school?" He was stunned.

"Yeah. I guess some Coast Guard officer decided that if I could study at the kitchen table with my wife bugging me to fix the toilet I had what it takes to be a licensed captain," I said, and wandered off.

(Much to her credit the wife encouraged me to hit the books.)











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment