Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Happy 1 February.

Winter is rolling along and I see about 6 more weeks of this misery.

I really do not like cold weather anymore. It's 13 degrees now and will be slipping into the low single digits later on in the week.

0000000000000000000

Major news.

My fifteen year old coffee cup started leaking so I guess it's off to Amazon or eBay to find another one.

Actually coffeee cup was only a part of it. It was my coffee and general beverage cup I used day in and day out for practically everything except beer and liquor. 

Want a glass of water? Grab the mug.

Protip got guys with kids or visiting kids.

Grab a bunch of USGI canteen cups and with a lead pencil put their names on them and issue them to each kid. It's win/win.

They learn to keep their eye on things and every time they want a drink of water you don't have to get them a glass.

When they leave you wet your index finger and rub their names off of them.

The kids are usually tickled to have their own canteen cup issued to them. I passed that tip on to somebody's grandmother and she reports the kids love it when Grandma gives them their own cup.

She also reported that her daughter asked where she got them.

********************************

Another protip for when you are entertaining if it is centered around an activity that means people are probably going to be moving around.

Serve the meal on those USGI stainless steel mess trays. Screw Martha Stewart and her crowd.

The first time I did that was with a couple  and we were doing a ham radio thing. The wife was kinda dubious at first but the first time she had to do something she just dropped her silverware on the tray, grabbed her beverage and took the whole thing with her and decided that it was a pretty good idea to serve that way.

Actually on a different but similar note, I have a couple of people I have over for breakfast sometimes and if I decide to cook up biscuits and gravy I sometimes serve it on a WW2/Vietnam GI mess kit which seems to be appropriate for that particular meal.

One time I made GI SOS and served it in mess kits with black coffee in canteen cups. It was a cold, snowy morning and my guest had a pretty good sense of humor and said, "THIS meal does not belong to be eaten inside a warm house!"

We took it outside and ate it standing in the driveway and we both agreed it actually tasted better that way. But then again he's another sick puppy like me.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment