Sunday, August 13, 2023

I had a chance to talk to my little sweetie who isn't little anymore.


She was three when she became my sweetie because she was very shy and overcame it when I offered my hand to her to walk across the street and see their Christmas lights. It was precious and I don't forget.

She's now 15 and seems to have grown up to be what I used to call a 'cool chick'. She's a wonderful laid back comfortable young lady and is already interesting to talk to, unlike most airhead 15 year olds.

I offered to take her to lunch sometime just to talk and she said that she just knew someone nosy would start trying to listen in and figure out why an old man is there with a 15 year old.

She knows me rather well and said that she knew I'd say something outrageous for the benefit of the busybodies to wind them up and she would not be able to keep a straight face.

She's right. I probably would. I'd have to or not be able to look myself in the eye. It's what I do.

I said to her, "Something like 'Gee, honey! Time flies! It's been a wonderful ten years since we married and you've given me two beautiful kids! Happy anniversary!'"

"Yes," she blushed, laughing with her beautiful smile "Something like that. I couldn't keep a straight face."

Her older brother laughed like hell. He's one of my younger friends that is sharp as a tack. He's an aerospace engineering student and when I once told him I was awarded the Legion of honor for shooting 38 A-rabs off the back of a camel he whipped out a calculator and pointed out the average weight of the must have been about 13.15789 pounds apiece. No flies on that kid!

Anyway, I like watching people grow up. It leaves me feeling positive about things. 

Edited to add, I remember posting the Christmas lights story back when it happened about 13 years ago.














 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment