Tuesday, August 15, 2023

One of the things I remember about being a sailor

is how others reacted to it.

Mrs Pic once told me one of my mother in law's friends asked her, "Does your husband still have that awful job?"

Much to her credit she set the woman straight.

"He likes his job and makes a decent paycheck. It's anything else but awful. He works for three weeks and gets three weeks off.," she said.

--------------------------------------------------

She also managed to get my mother off of my back early on.

When I first licensed I made a copy and sent it to her. She called when she got the copy but I wasn't home. My wife was.

When she answered the phone and was chatting with my mother, mom told her she wished I would go back and get my degree.

My wife told her, "That license IS his degree."

My wife later said to me my mother was speechless for several seconds.

"I guess it is," she replied and never bothered me again.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment