Thursday, August 17, 2023

I've started to reread Kipling

Right now I have my nose in 'Captains Courageous'.

It's been several decades since I read Kipling and it gives an interesting perspective toward things.

One of his poems in 'Barracks Room Ballads' puts it into the X-ring with the way soldiers are looked upon. Hated in peace and loved during wartime. Typical.

Actually to some extent that has changed. GIs are now pretty much respected in this country.

Still, I don't see the upper class steering their kids toward military service.

************************

Quick question. How does one enlist in the Space Force?

I guess you sign up on line somehow according to a very cursory Google search.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment