Wednesday, August 2, 2023

One of the things that is astonishing is the way the various places like the USPS, FedEx, UPS, Amazon etc


can move things so efficiently. It's amazing.

I just ordered something and it's being sent USPS and I signed up for texts to let me watch the progress. I've done it with UPS and Amazon and it's amazing.

Rarely there is a glitch, and in my experience the glitches tend to mean something is arriving sooner than first expected. That's been a pain in the a$$ a time or two. Something arrives when I am out of town.

I used to try synchronize deliveries so they'd arrive after I got back from sea to the point where I'd place the order and ask them to hold it until a day or two before I got home. Either that or not order it until a day or two before I got off.

At first I was amazed at how sometimes something would leave, say Nebraska, go to Oregon and then east to Pennsylvania until I figured out how the hub system works. It makes a lot of sense in making things flow freely and keeping the costs down.

I remember the days a package from Chicago to Boston often took a week or ten days. I know this because I mail ordered something from Chicago that I won't get into here. (It was pre-1968) It took about 2 weeks. The package arrived kind of dog eared, too.

Still, all in all it's pretty damned good when you think about it.

How the guy I bought something from drops it in the mail today as I see he has made a shipping label and the USPS says they don't have the package yet.

Update. I was checking up on an Amazon delivery and saw where I was getting my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun in another eight stops and when they said I was the next stop I stepped onto the porch as he was pulling up.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Two weeks from everywhere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4z0QhD92Y

    ReplyDelete