Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Today a garage door person is showing up.

While I could probably buy my own and install it, a good pro can be in and out in less than a day...and would likely do a better job.

He's coming to measure and give a bid but I'm also waiting for another bid or two and I already have a guy in mind.

I got a recommendation from someone that pointed out that there's a guy out there that specializes in odd sized doors and mine most certainly is.

I want it done right so I'm not fooling around because it got stuck like the old one did once in a while. The old one was a one piece behemoth and the hardware for it looked like something out of the Flintstone era. 

When I replaced the original opener I jumped the sensors so I could push the button and walk out. I think I'll have the sensors set low enough so I can simply step over the beam so I can still do that.

Anyway, I hope the guy that is recommended to me by someone else, the odd size specializer, has what I want.

Update: Guy never showed. The odd sized guy still has a shot at it.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky that the supply chain has somewhat normalized. Garage doors were 6-7 months backordered, a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I had a hard time making that one sink in to the wife. Winter is coming and I am NOT going through that again.

    ReplyDelete