Wednesday, September 20, 2023

An Indian convenience store owner

mentioned to me in conversation that our Native Americans are called 'Indians' because Columbus thought he had found India.

"Columbus was lost. ," I replied. "Just think. If he had thought that the had found Manila they would have been called Filipinos.'

He thought about that for a second or two and said, "You're probably right." 

Filipinos! Draw the wagons up into a circle!

Has a nice ring to it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Someone asked me why there don't seem to be school shootings in Catholic schools and I told him that it's probably a nun with a steel edged ruler trumps a Smith and Wesson.

Actually there may very well be a kernel of truth to this at one time. Back in the days of the penguins the nuns were pretty bad assed and I guess the reputation still hangs in there.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment