Sunday, September 17, 2023

I have far more in common with and old black guy than with most younger whites.

The other day I was sanding sheetrock and as to be expected I looked like a ghost. At noon I ran up to a small supermarket for a quick sandwich.

An older black man looked at me and chuckled and said, "I'll bet you're sanding drywall."

I to this day do not know where I got the ability to keep a straight face while I say something outrageous but I do and actually I love it. God was good to me.

"This is whiteface. Hell, I'm darker'n you are! Don't say anything to those women over there or they'll get pissed off at me for stealing their heritage."

He stood there for a couple seconds trying to figure out is my comment was malicious or not and figured it out. He shook his head and laughed.

I said to him, "Us old guys hafta stick together."

"You got that right," he replied.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have far more in common with an old guy of any color that's worked for a living than I do with an awful lot of the younger people.

Most older blacks seem to have seen through the professional race baiters and see life for what it is. Ya gotta work to make a buck. 


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment