Wednesday, September 27, 2023

I just told someone off that dared to call me a law abiding citizen...

which I am NOT.

I am a moral human being that calls them the way I see them.

I drive slowly through residential areas because it is the prudent thing to do. I never bother looking at speed limit signs, I just run at safe and reasonable speeds.

I don't do drugs because I don't want to. If I wanted to, I would.

I responded with, "Don't you dare call me a law abiding citizen because I'm not. If a law is just I follow it. If it isn't I ignore it. Remember this, Anne Frank was hidden out by outlaws and ratted out by a law abiding citizen. It was someone like YOU that had that poor family sent off to Bergen-Belsen, Mr. Law abiding citizen!"

For the record, I am NOT a criminal, I am an outlaw.

There's a BIG difference.

 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

3 comments:

  1. Laws are never created for the benefit of an individual citizen, but for the good of society as a whole.

    If the rulers in power are good, we get fair and just laws. If the rulers are evil, we get laws that prioritize 'the state' over 'the people.'

    In either case, a person who views themselves as outside the rules can never be truly trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the duty of the citizen to ignore unfair and unjust laws. The classic case is Anne Frank who was hidden by outlaws and turned in by law abiding citizens.

    The person that obeys for the sake of obedience is nothing more than an automaton and is actually a danger to society because by blind obedience to unjust laws the person is in effect giving consent to government to not only let an unjust law stand but to create more of them.

    In the FWIW department, I consider myself to be a fairly responsible, fairly moral human being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One other thing, this country was founded by outlaws. Throwing the tea into Boston Harbor wasn't 100% legal at the time.

    ReplyDelete