Saturday, September 2, 2023

Save the skeets.



My 'save the skeets' sign was on the pickup last night. 

Actually it looks like a bumper sticker but is really a magnetic sign because removing a sticker is a pain in the a$$.

I had a sportsman club meeting last night and it was on the tailgate and I figured there would be at least one Fudd with no sense of humor that would say something.

Instead a couple of guys asked me where they could get one. Actually it was a pleasant surprise.

As I sometimes do I voted 'no' on accepting the secretary's minutes. 

Actually he's a damned good officer and does an excellent job. Sometimes I vote no because I'm an American and it's an American club.

The reason I do this to the secretary is because his job involves no real money. I won't do that to the treasurer because the treasurer's job entails real money and voting no on that is something that could start something bad. It could me misinterpreted and start something and hurt an honest person or even tear up the club. 

As to be expected, things move along well during meetings and the votes to accept the minutes are always unanimous and that kinda sounds pretty unAmerican to me. 

You can take 10 Americans at random, starve them for 5 days and then serve them a big steak dinner and 7 or 8 will chow down and lick the plates clean as a hound's tooth. One will find something stupid to gripe about like the sour cream not being served in a separate bowl and one will be a vegetarian. 

Everything being unanimous just doesn't sound right.

I'm an American and the last words of my National Anthem are 'Play ball!'. 

SOMEONE has to keep things on an even keel.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment