Thursday, September 7, 2023

I'm slowly returning to the human race

Which is a good thing. It's been slow and I have started to ever so slowly lose a little weight.

I think the biggest morale booster was when I lost my temper and finished the bathroom. I posted it yesterday but it had been done a day or two earlier.

Getting used to it is interesting because last night woke up to pee and walked past the bathroom and then remembered it's up and running and made a 180. It's probably going to take a few weeks to get over a year+ worth of old habits. You fight like you train.

The medicine cabinet is next and I am not even going to consult the wife about that one. I'm just going to build one, a simple Old School New England thing with a little gingerbread, assuming the local glass place doesn't want thousands to cut a simple piece of mirror.

Even if it does, I have a glass cutter somewhere and a Goodwill mirror can be repurposed. To prevent an upset I will make it easily removable in the event she decides what she wants somewhere down the road.

I have made a lot of the furniture in the house. Simple Old School Shaker/New England stuff isn't hard to make. In fact I made every single piece of furniture in my bedroom.

Yesterday I started doing some cleaning and if I have nothing to do today I'll keep at it. I have a runner for the entryway due in today along with a 3.5 gallon container of Zep degreaser which is some damned good stuff. I use the orange for household use.

Hell, the toilet and sink were downright nasty so I pulled them out onto the porch and sprayed them down with Zep and let it dry. Then a quick pressure washing and they looked better than brand new.

While I was at it the tub/shower was getting kind of soap scummy so I sprayed that down and maybe an hour or so later I wandered in with a pail of clean water and wiped it down and it looks better than brand new. It sparkles.


Some time years ago the spouse suggested an interior designer but I put the kibosh on that. I said an interior designer would destroy the very soul of an Old School New England cape and I still believe it.

One other thing that has improved morale is that I picked up a couple of inexpensive faux Oriental rugs which I specifically chose because in addition to design they had a lot of nylon in them. The design was a natural for this place and the nylon insured that it would generate a little static electricity and probably turn into a cat hair magnet.

Two or three days ago I vacuumed the living room and dining room rugs and picked up a LOT of cat hair and found very, very little elsewhere. The plan worked better than I had hoped for and Kitty uses them to sharpen his claws on which means he'll leave everything else alone. They'll last a while in spite of Kitty and they're inexpensive to replace so it's win/win.
















To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment