Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Ham radio towers are expensive.

even if you get the tower itself for free. Even it the rotator comes with it.

You need a concrete base for it and that means excavation, forms, rebar and ready mix concrete to be delivered on site.

I mention this because someone mentioned getting a tower free and wanting to set it up. In his case it's probably cost prohibitive.

Speaking of towers, years ago when I licensed a now lives somewhere else neighbor heard I was licensed and started to moan and bellyache that they'd get TV interference and started to make an issue out of it.

I threatened to erect a 200 foot tower if they didn't shut up.

That ended that pretty fast.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment