Sunday, January 21, 2024

Resetting up a new computer is a hassle

The guy that sold it to me did sell me a decent machine. There WAS a fresh download of Windows 11 Pro on it as advertised but I had to cough up $7-8 to buy the key to acvtivate it which kinda sucked.

On the other hand, it came with a DVD unit that he said in the ad it didn't have. That's a BIG plus so I can't gripe. That saved me $40.

Then all the updates came pouring in and will likely do so for the next few weeks and on and on.

I only go through new computers every few years so I forget a lot and a lot has changed. New passwords they didn't used to have and all sorts of confusing stuff. 

Just because I write the Hash doesn't make me a computer expert or some kind of geek. (The same holds true for my Icom 7300. It has a million feathres and I only know how to use a couple of them. They're all I need.)

Still, a new machine can be a real pain in the ass to have to deal with.

Anyway I am up and running and shortly I will retire the old one to become a ham radio/DVD player and whatever else I can use off line.

Because support for Windows 10 ends in a few months it's usually better to get in ahead of the game instead or wait until the last minute. I have been there, done that and have the T-shirt. 

At the last minute sellers break out 'The Gouger's Handbook' and go to town.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment