Tuesday, January 23, 2024

I get by and damned well on

the leavings of an affluent society.

While I will cheerfully pay throught the nose for what I want, there's a lot of stuff I tend to cheap out on.
Recently I paid about $75 for a huge crockpot on Amazon. The one I was using cratered and I decided I wanted a big one to make huge batches of stuff like chili or a huge pile of ribs with. I got a 12 quart one. I often make huge amounts of stuff and package it up into meal sized units and freeze them. It saves time, money and effort and I eat a little better than grabbing junk along the way.

Anyway, today I ventured into a thrift store and scored pretty well. I got two brand new crock pots, a medium and a small to compliment the one I gave. The medium cost me $8 and the little one $6 which was a pretty good deal. On top of that I bought a brand new ironing board to (finally) replace the one lost in the fire for a whopping $1.59. 










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment