Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One of the things that We, the People, generate is

tuna cans.

Yup. The cans of the size that tuna fish comes in.

It's a handy size of container. They are quite useful and as I write, I can see where two of them are performing a useful function.

One of them is being used as a holder for a number if screws, brads and small items that I use from time to time. The other is presently standing by for the next time one of my friends that smokes cigarettes comes by. He will be handed that one for use as an ash tray to be taken with him to the garage.

There are also a number of them in the garage standing by for whatever purpose that may arise. The last time I worked on the Miata, there were a couple standing by to recieve small parts. Various nuts, bolts and other small parts were place in tuna cans to keep things organized.

I think professional mechanics often use cake or bread pand for this purpose, but tuna cans work pretty well.

Now, not all tuna cans are really born to contain tuna fish. A lot of them are sold containing cat food, which generates the majority of those being used at the Piccolo residence. Still, they are the same size and shape.

I actually have a set of headphones I made out of a pair of these priceless gems.

Headphones, you ask?

Yup. Headphones. The kind you put on your ears to listen to music on the stereo. They have a thing that goes over your head to make them hold to your ears.

I will not lie to my readers and say that they sound like a pair of Bose headphones and get all of the perfect sound that Bose has the reputation of producing. The truth is that they sound pretty tinny, which is to be expected from something made out of a can.

Still, they work pretty good, all things considered.

I admit, I look pretty funny with a pair of tuna cans on my ears listening to the news on a radio made in the 1940s, but it is somewhat satisfying to do. In this day and age it is good to be both high AND low tech.

The way I figure it is that anything that is as useful as a tuna can is to seriously be considered a National Resource.

Sorry, Charlie. The one I used today was generated by the cat.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment