Saturday, November 20, 2010

It is that time of year again.

Yesterday I went shopping around for snow blowers and stopped at Lowes to see what they had.

While I was there I picked up a couple of 2x6s and another unit of tube sand to add to the four I already have. It's that time of year again. I have to weigh down the pickup bed because Old Man Winter is coming.

I still haven't snagged a snowblower yet which is a certain guarentee of a long, hard winter so it's best to be prepared.

ABout 350 pouunds in the back of a pickup can make all the difference in the world when it comes to winter traction and I very well may add another 150 pounds to that, but we'll see.

The 2x6s were uses to build a rack of sorts to keep the tube sand from sliding all over the bed. I ran a pair of 2x6s for the full length of the bed and nailed in a pair of cross members spaced 32 inches apart directly over the wheel wells.

Pickups are notorious for loust winter traction because the beds are too light. They do have a reputation of being a bit on the bouncy side as far as the ride goes.

With the 350 pounds of weight in the back, the bounciness has gone away and winter traction is a whole lot better.

Truth is, what I really ought to do is go out and buy a snowblower,

If I do that we can be pretty well assured of a snow-free mild winter.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment