Monday, November 15, 2010

Recently John Stossel held a bake sale.

It was an affirmative action bake sale.

The cupcakes were priced appropriately for an affirmative action bake sale.

Asians were charged $1.50 because they were considered to be too smart, whites paid a buck and blacks were charged fifty cents for the usual affirmative action reasons.

I would have just loved to see the uproar.

All I got to see was a brief section of a U-Tube video and it was funny to see a couple of Blacks being offended.

Can't say as I blame them.

Seeing as to how I work based in Philly I have been off the vessel any number of times over the past twenty years and have met any number of Blacks here and I notice that the honestly successful ones have somewhat of a resentment towards affirmative action. It offends their pride.

Can't say as I blame them. I'd probably feel the same way. I'd be insulted. It would be like the government telling me I wasn't as good as other people, ergo I needed some sort of help from Mom and Dad because I was being picked on.

There is also another side of things that really suck about it and I have first hand experience.

I have to deal with a certain Federal agency from time to time and apparently the Feds were forced to recruit a Black female to meet the quotas or some damned thing. Anyway, I have had to deal with a very iincompetent Black female that is the epitome of the square peg in the round hole. She really has no clue as to the workings of the real world, yet has been put in a position of authority where sshe has a stranglehold on a whole slew of people's careers.

The last time I had to deal with her I wound up getting an attorney and having him both go over her head and threaten her boss with a lawsuit to get what I should have gotten without even a second glance.

I have since made it a point not to deal with her branch office ever since. I deal with an office almost 500 miles away.

Fortunately, I live somewhat between the two and it is not a bad deal as it really cost me little time and effort, but what is interesting to note is that a number of people that live in the same town as the office in question opt to actually drive well over 475 miles to another office just to avoid the woman and the hassle she creates.

Affirmative action really has done very little for anyone but insult an entire race and cause problems when the government has to put the wrong person in the wrong place just to meet quota. The program has done nothing good that I can see and ought to go the way of the Zepplin.

If you want to call me a racist, go right ahead. I couldn't care less because the truth is that the peole that put this whole stupid program into play are the racists. They don't have faith in an entire race or they wouldn't have put it into play in the first place.

I do have faith in the race. My Black counterparts are every bit as good as I am.

Truth of the matter is tat I reaally don't like to differentiate between races, but every now and then I am forced to. That's because I truly believe that there is only one race and that's the human race.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment